Last modified: 2nd May 2023
Children Under the Age of 13
IHCA Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use or provide any information about yourself to IHCA, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information and take the necessary action(s) as reasonably deemed appropriate. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
IHCA may collect information that identifies you (“Personal Information”) when you use the IHCA Service, including when (i) you access and use our website or send us information through the website, by email or by text message (ii) you speak with any of our representatives over the phone, or (iii) you provide information in writing, whether by providing us a consent form or other application on our website, by email, mail, text message or in-person. The types of Personal Information that we may collect, and our use of that Personal Information includes, among other things, the following:
- Information that you provide to us when you register via our website, by email or mail or in-person at our site;
- Information that you provide to us to enroll for a study or clinical trial, such as your name, location, address, phone number, historical information, demographic information and email address, provided that we may request medical information via a questionnaire to learn whether you satisfy the criteria for a particular trial, and if you meet such criteria for the trial, and grant us explicit permission to do so, your information will be forwarded to third party providers, including investigators, who will be subject to strict disclosure laws related to your Personal Information;
- Information that you provide to us if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, rewards program, or other promotion;
- Information that you provide if you use the IHCA Service to upload, share, or communicate any content or information, including photos, images, videos, text, social network accounts, or other Personal Information that you may include about yourself or others;
- Information that you publicly post via links to social media networks, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we, or others, may share or use in accordance with the law;
- Information that you provide if you email, call, text message, contact or communicate with us or our third-party service providers for customer support or other communications, including, without limitation, records and copies of correspondence, responses to surveys for research purposes;
- Information from and about the devices you use to access our IHCA Service, including attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names, types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations, specific geographic locations (such as GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals), connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language, time zone, mobile phone number and IP address;
- Information from your opt out requests, where if you send a request, call us or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you or to the extent it has been previously incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us;
- Information to enhance our ability to provide you with the IHCA Service, whereby we may combine your Personal Information with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances;
- Information from you to enroll in a newsletter or other publication focused on specific medical conditions you may want to receive;
- Information from referral sources, whereby if you provide your friend’s name and email address, we will automatically send one-time communications inviting him or her to visit our site, and provided that your friend agrees to and accepts this Agreement; and
- Information from you from when you enroll in a clinical trial or study, and expressly consent to receiving study information and messages, and we provide you with appointment reminders, study instructions and other important study-related information, provided that we may exchange relevant health information with the study doctor and/or staff to provide the IHCA Service.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose any information, including, without limitation, Personal Information that we deem necessary, in our sole discretion and without your prior permission, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may exchange information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, with other companies and organizations to protect the rights, property, or safety of IHCA and its affiliates, personnel, users, third parties, or others.
- Our authorized personnel may have access to your personal information. Our employees, agents, contractors or other authorized personnel may have access to user information as necessary in the normal course of our business. Any such parties with access to Personal Information are bound by confidentiality agreements and statutory requirements under applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 5555 Reservoir Dr Suite 210, San Diego, CA 92120.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Institute of HealthCare Assessment, Inc.
5555 Reservoir Dr, Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92120